Is my nasal septum suppose to move yes or no?

My sister hit me in the nose and it starting bleed really bad and now my Septem moves left to right and hurts :(

Septum Movement

+1
No, the septum should not move. It may bend a bit but it doesn't move. The cartilage sits in a bony groove and is relatively solid and stable in place. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with rhinoplasty experience.

Best wishes
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Septal Trauma

+1

The nasal septum is a solid structure that should not move.  It is possible that the trauma you experienced caused a dislocation of the septum from its normal position on the maxillary bone.  It is also possible the septum is fractured.  I suggest you followup with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for evaluation, and to rule out injury to your septum.  Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.dranthonycorrado.com/

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your nose should be stable, and I would recommend an exam by a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Moving Nasal Septum

+1

Schedule an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam to discuss the treatment needed to repair your nose. Your nose is not suppose to move.

Moving nasal septum

+1

I am sorry about your injury and how it happened.

No your nasal septum should not move left to right.

The nasal septum sounds dislocated, the bone may be fractured.

Have your parents take you to see a plastic surgeon or an ENT surgeon to be treated.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.