Will my Nasal Tip Drop? (photo)

I underwent rhinoplasty yesterday morning. It was a closed rhinoplasty. The doctor performed osteotomies to straigthen the nose, removed a nasal hump, shortened the nose as well as corrected a slight deviation in the nasal tip. I know it is too early to tell, but I am concerned that my tip may have been overturned. Is this due to swelling or is it because my doctor assumed the tip would drop with time? I am getting my cast removed in 6 days and am quite concered. I have attached pictures below.

Will my nasal tip drop?

+1

It is not abnormal for the tip to be turned up following rhinoplasty. It will settle to its final position around the two week point following your surgery. I would recommend communicating any immediate post-operative concerns with your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Upturned tip after surgery

+1

It is normal for the tip to be "upturned" at this time. The cast hasn't even come off. Relax and allow the healing to occur.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will my tip drop

+1

You are way to early post op to be worried about this and seeking internet help. The nose often looks "pulled up" when it is taped and splinted. Follow your doctor's instructions and advice right now and don't second guess him/her from the internet at this point.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Give it time

+1

You just had surgery and should not question the results at this time. Please give it time and wait for the final results which may take up to six months.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about Rhinoplasty after 1 Day

+1

The first or second postoperative day with the splint still intact, no one can make any sweeping statements about the tip, dorsum, or any other aspect of the nose.  You are going to exercise patience and put your efforts into something else.  Easy to say, harder to do, I know.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Will my nasal tip drop after one day post-rhinoplasty?

+1

My best advice is to stop looking at your nose. Maximum swelling is 2 to 3 days after surgery. Trust your plastic surgeon and give him and your nose a chance for goodness sakes. There must be a reason you went to this surgeon for your surgery, like trust or reputable referrals. Even when the spint comes off in about a week, you won't see anything like the final result. You had an enormous hump. I'm sure it will look better, but it will take some getting used to as any change such as what you have underdone would.

Don't worry, be happy!

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon