Can my Nasal Bone Be Fixed? (photo)

The lower part of my nasal bones are broken and shifted to the right side. I went to doctor recently and I thougth he could fix it. He told me I should just leave it as it is. I felt very bad after I talked to him. I always thougt it was possible to fix a broken nose. I try to push the bones back with my fingers and then I feel pain in my nose. I am obsessed about my nose now. I feel bad about my nose. I regret I did'nt go to doctor earlier.

Can my nasal bone be fixed?

+2

An exam would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice. It is likely that improvements can be made. If you wish, I would recommend getting another opinion from a board certified rhinoplasty specialist in your area. Look for a surgeon with great patient testimonials, a variety of before and after photos, and one with great credentials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Broken Nose

+2

Repair of a broken nose can be performed at any time after the injury.  It is always better to fix it within the first month after the break, if possible.  Osteotomies will be required to reset the bones.  Expect a cast on the bridge for a week.  No packing necessary.  All the incisions are located inside the nose

Can my Nasal Bone Be Fixed?

+2

Yes. The bridge of your nose can be straightened and if you want other changes made to the appearance of your nose, these can be made at the same time. Seek an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon