Can I Keep my Muslces Toned with Resistance Bands After a Tummy Tuck Since Weight Training is Not Allowed?

Exercising After Tummy Tuck

+1

My personal recommendations for my patients is to slowly resume physical exercise starting with walking increasing amounts from three weeks with unrestricted activities to tolerance after 6 weeks.In other words, start with low resistance maximal repetitions.The same would apply for Resistance Bands. Most important is to specifically ask your surgeon what he feels is safest as he know you the best.

Exercise after tummy tuck

+1

generally, it is 4-6 weeks before you can exercise.  It would really depend on the type of resistance band, and how vigorous the exercise, but it is not safe to start using the rectus muscles until they are well healed.

Return to Exercise after a Tummy Tuck

+1

Surgeons vary in their recommendations for return to exercise after after an abdominoplasty.  In general, it is important to avoid use of the muscles of your abdomen and lower back, maintain low impact and a low to moderate pulse rate so as not to cause bleeding.  Stretch bands might be OK if they do not violate these parameters.  Check with your surgeon to be sure.

Web reference: https://www.maryleepetersmd.com