If my Muscles Do Not Need to Be Tightened Would the Cost of a Full Tummy Tuck Be Less?

I am a 60 yr old woman in very good health. Although I have never had children, I have gained & lost 10-40lbs through the years. Most of my tummy issues lie above the belly button (deflated, spare tire), so I realize that a full TT is in order. I do have pretty good ab muscles, though. If a TT is performed without tightening these muscles, would there be a significant reduction in the cost of the procedure as well as an easier recovery?

Tummy Tuck without muscle tightening

+1

Thank you for your question.  The surgeon can assess and decide whehter you need muscle tightening at the time of the tummy tuck unless your a set against it. If so, let him/her know that you don't want it and not to do it.  The muscle tightening itself only addes about 10 minutes to the length of the surgery so I don't know how much of a cost savings you could actually get.  Ask your plastic surgeon if there is any opporunity for a discount. It doesn't hurt to ask but don't be surprised if the answer is no. I hope this helps.

Muscle Repair May Not Affect Cost Of Tummy Tuck

+1

Although I almost always perform a muscle plication or repair when performing a full tummy tuck, I do not adjust the cost in the few instances when I do not.  The reason for this is the fact that the muscle plication, although important, adds very little time to the time required for a tummy tuck.

+1

Very possible to charge a slight reduction in fee but would need to be examined by the surgeon. Recovery could be slightly better, also. But no promises

Tummy Tuck and Muscle “Tightening”?

+1

As you know, muscle plication  is an important part of most makeup procedures for patients who have had weight gain/loss. It does a nice job of tightening up the abdominal wall muscles and narrowing the waistline.

If you choose not to have the multiplication done,  it will likely make for an easy recovery;  whether the costs will be reduced would depend on the specific plastic surgeon's  practice policy ( Not possible to generalize).

Web reference: http://poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm