Are my morphs vs. doctor's morphs realistic? (photos)

My 1st doctor who I consulted with sent me morphs today of the projected results. I do not like the results he sent. I have morphed his morphs into what change I actually want to see. Both are posted. Based on my current pre-surgery before photo, are MY morphs possible? I am going to see a second consult in about a week and I seek the changes I have made. Am I being realistic?

Computer Imaging in Rhinoplasty

+2
Computer imaging is more about establishing communication and goals than it is about achieving the exact result shown. The difference between you and the doctor's morphing is that they are two different rhinoplasty goals. This shows you that at present your vision vs. the doctor's vision is not exactly the same for your nose. This indicates that you need further discussion with your doctor so that he/she has a better understanding of what you really want.

Are my morphs vs. doctor's morphs realistic?

+1
The tip elevation and dorsal refinement can be achieved, but the alar base reduction and tip refinement may be too narrow.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

+1
If you are basing the result on a computer image than you will be very disappointed! You heal in three dimensions vs a computer gives an idealized example.. 

Computer morphing of nose outcomes?

+1
While computer imaging is a good communication tool, it is not realistic to think that you will get that exact result. Individual characteristics including skin thickness and how you heal can alter a result and are not predicted by computer morphing.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Morphing images before rhinoplasty

+1
I agree with what has been said.  Morphing can be dangerous since anything can be done to the nose digitally.  These changes are not always possible in real life, due to many factors.  From your photos, the #1 limitation of your result is your skin thickness.  However, you do have upward pointing cartilages extending out from the tip that cause the shadows you see on either side of the tip.  By re-orienting these cartilages and supporting the nostril rim, the shadows can be reduced.  This will keep the tip from being visually separated from the nostrils, reducing the bulbous appearance.  Morphing can be useful to make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page aesthetically.  An example of this is the difference in your morph of the profile vs. your surgeon.  I actually think the bridge you morphed is too low and a bit "swoopy", but this would need to be discussed in detail before surgery.  At the end of the day, you have to trust your surgeon to get the best result possible with human tissue, not with computer software.  Good luck.

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Expectations

+1
It is more important for you to find a surgeon that you have trust in, than to look at morphed photos.  In this computer age, any photo can be morphed to look any way you want it.  This does not guarantee your results. Discuss your concerns and expectations with a Plastic Surgeon that does a large number of Rhinoplasty surgeries per year, for your best result. Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD