Is my Morph Picture Surgically Possible for Rhinoplasty? (photo)

So I found a morph program and decided to give it a shot. I really like what I did with my nose on with the morph and was wondering if this could be achieved from rhinoplasty. I know I have relatively thick skin so that will limit the definition of my nose but will it be close to my desired results?

Morph picture to actual results

+1

It’s very difficult to tell from these photos, and of course, you are correct in that men tend to have thicker skin than women, but so very much depends on so many factors and, ideally, I would want to sit with you and examine not only your external nose, but your internal nose as well, along with getting a feel for the overall physicality of your nose and face, as they relate to each other.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Reality of Morph Picture

+1

Your morphed picture does demonstrate a reasonable result  following rhinoplasty. Show this to your surgeon during consultation because it will help in the discussion about your goals.

Will I be able to achieve this result?

+1

Yes I believe you could come very close to this. You have not over reduced your nose and should get a nice result. Good luck.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Morphed picture results

+1

I think that you've done a good job. Surgery can probably get pretty close to your goals with the possible exception of reducing the width between the nostrils. While alar and inter-alar reduction can be done, it might not  be able to narrow it as much as you have morphed. It's certainly a good thing to take with you for your consultation. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Is my Morph Picture Surgically Possible for Rhinoplasty?

+1

Yes it is possible to achieve the overall look of the morphed picture but it may not be exactly the same. Yes you will have a narrower nose and smaller tip and reduced base. Your thick nasal tip skin needs to be aggressively trimmed and the nasal base must be repositioned after reduction to achieve a similar result. Look at before and after pictures. Good luck

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

From your posted photos it looks like you want a narrower bridge and smaller tip specifically decreased left to right width of the alar base. Those are achievable goals but you will never look exactly like your morphed photo no matter who does the surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Yes the look is possible.

+1

The answer below got posted incorrectly. Your goals are possible if you se an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses.

+1

Typically, these tissue morphing programs manipulate the tissues completely differently than what's possible during Rhinoplasty.  In this particular case, the width reduction accomplished seems in the realm of possibility with an Open Rhinoplasty.  Be sure that the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.  

Nasal morph

+1

Programs that are utilized to simulate results are useful when performed by the surgeon with the patient present. The program can alter the result beyond what may be accomplished surgically . While it is possible to narrow the nasal appearance a simulation should be performed in your surgeons office.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Is it Possible? The True ROle of Preoperative Simulation

+1

The simulation is a good tool to see if the surgeon and the patient are on the "same page"  as far as the operative goals and strategy for the rhinoplasty.  It should not be used as a way to answer,  "can I acheive this result?"  So,  I would tell you that the results of your simulation suggest you want a narrower nose in the upper middle and lower thirds of the nose on AP (antero-posterior) view.  Your comments about thick nasal skin suggest you seek more definition of the tip.  That said,  I think your best operative strategy is an open rhinoplasty with alar base cinch technique to narrow the alar base, a columellar strut to provide more support and definition to the tip, tip sutures to better define the tip elements, and infracturing to narrow the upper nose.   Best of luck.  You can see cases like this at our site.

Dr Del Vecchio

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD