What Should my Mohs Surgery on my Nose Look Like After 4 Days? Afraid It Didn't Take?

There Are Great Pictures of Before and Months after are there a series of pictures somewhere so I can see if it is ok? thanks

Mohs Surgery Results

+1

Thank you for your question. There are multiple pictures online to see. It sounds by the tone of this question, that the repair of the defect after excision of the tumor, may have been a tissue graft. If this is the case, and there is a question about whether or not "it took" or not, the recommendation is to see your surgeon for evaluation as soon as possible if there is any question. Otherwise, regular follow up evaluations as scheduled, are appropriate. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Mohs Surgery

+1

Surgery sites four days after Mohs and the subsequent repair are in the early stages of healing.  If you are experiencing bleeding, a split in the skin, the appearance that stitches are coming apart, pain or any sense of infection, call your doctor immediately.  For simple reassurance have your doctor or nurse take a quick look at it now so that they can assess any need for addressing an issue early.   Realize that wounds take at least 6 months to fully mature even in cases where everything is progressing normally. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Mohs Surgery Appearance and Healing

+1

Your best option is to meet with the doctor who performed the surgery. There are many nuances to wound healing, and you shouldn't have to monitor how things are progressing. Obviously, there are signs and symptoms that suggest trouble (e.g. fever, chills, sweats, increasing redness, paleness to a flap or graft, etc), but many other signs/symptoms are more subtle. Don't be afraid to call your doctor to discuss. If my patients are concerned, I want them to call me and will likely have them come into the office. Good luck.

Andrew Kaufman, MD

What should Mohs site look like after 4 days

+1

I am unsure what you mean by the fact that you are worried your Mohs didn't "take". If you have any concerns after a procedure like this, it is always best to consult the physician that did the procedure. Comparing yourself to photos isn't adequate; an in-person consultation will be necessary to assuage your concerns.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD