Can my Midline Be Easily Fixed?

I had biomax surgery 4 months ago everything was perfect until recently the midline of both jaws is fine but it's no longer in line with the mid line of my face could this be fixed with elastics on my braces

Biomax surgery and midline of jaws is not in line with midline of face

+2

To have the midline of your teeth  not in line with the rest of your face is a pretty minor thing.  Orthodontists can correct this with rubberbands and braces, but the overall position of your jaw my look better with the midline slightly off and no one will notice.

Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Can midlines by moved?

+2

bad news is that if both midlines are on to each other it is very hard to change them relative to face.  Good news is that probably only you would notice this!

Saint Louis Orthodontist

If Your Midline Isn't Off Much, This is a Simple Fix

+1

It is encouraging that everything after surgery turned out really well. This tells me your midline can't have moved much. Moving teeth is what orthodontists do, and with good rubber band wear this should be a pretty simple fix.

Keep in mind that there might be a tooth size issue causing your other teeth to fit perfectly, but keeping your midlines from being perfectly aligned with your face. Your orthodontist might need to re-contour certain teeth to the shape they should be in order to get your midlines in their correct positions.

Allentown Orthodontist

Midline change after surgery

+1

If both upper and lower midlines are off from your facial midline but on with one another there isn't much braces can do about it.  It probably does not affect the esthetics of your smile, however.  It is interesting that the midlines were on after the surgery and both are equally off now.  You might wish to check with your surgeon to see what he thinks about the situation. 

Seattle Orthodontist

Bimaxillary Surgery

+1

You went through a lot of surgery and you probably have a 90+ percent result.  I think you notice this more than anyone else.  I thin you should live with it for a while and see if you can't be happy.  If not, go back to your clinicians and see what they suggest.

Washington Cosmetic Dentist