Will my Marionette Lines Lessen over Time After Facelift?

Hello. I am 3 weeks post-op and a little disappointed that my marionette lines are still so obvious. I am sorry there is no photo, I don't know how to upload from my phone. In general, without seeing me, is it likely that as I heal my results will improve?

Marionette Lines After Facelifts

+3

Marionette lines are not treated with facelifts alone. They can be treated with multi-modal therapy of 1. “Lifting” with a “Lift & Fill” Facelift, 2. plumping by “Filling”, and 3. “Resurfacing” with Laserbrasion.

Marionette lines and facelifts

+3

Facelift surgery can soften marionette lines but many still need fillers for a more complete correction.  Check with your doctor about this option.

Will my marionette lines go away

+2

Marionette lines will not be eradicated with facelift surgery. As has been stated by other surgeons, they can be softened, but they will still be there. Occasionally, swelling in the cheek region in the first few weeks following facelift surgery can cause the marionette lines to look more pronounced. I would allow the healing process to continue and speak with you surgeon about the option of fillers to help improve these lines.

Will my marionette lines improve after a facelift?

+2

In general, a facelift works best for improving the appearance of sagging skin. Marionette lines will respond best to Perlane or Restylane. I would recommend speaking with your physician about this option. They will not dramatically improve over time following the facelift.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/midfacelift-facelift/

Facelift has little effect on marionette creases.

+2

Although there is some early improvement after facelift, this usually does not last without additional correction with other procedures. Fat transfer, fillers, and even judicious use of Botox can help with downturned corners of the mouth and marionette creases; talk to your surgeon for the best options.

Web reference: http://www.specialface.com

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Addressing Marionette Lines

+2
Unlikely that you will see much more of an improvement to the marionette
lines at this time-  they typically are at their best within a few weeks
of a facelift, then with time will slowly get somewhat deeper.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgeryoftheface.com/pages/face.htm

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Addressing Marionette Lines

+2

Marionette lines (the lines formed from the corners of our mouth around the chin) are not addressed with a facelift.  The “pull” from a facelift will not (nor should) address the corners of the mouth because this would give unnatural results as it would result in the distortion of the mouth.  Marionette lines are best treated with fillers or fat transfer.  Fillers or fat transfer are the best means of elevating the depressions of the marionette lines.  A long-lasting option to fill these depressions would be fat transfer which is a permanent solution and can be performed at the time of the facelift.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Remaining Marionette Grooves after Facelift

+2

If you are disappointed with the marionette lines after only 3 weeks, you will be more disappointed after 6 months. You may discuss injectable filler treatments with your surgeon as these creases will only worsen over the next weeks.

Web reference: http://www.drfechner.com/artecoll-artefill.htm

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Marionette lines after facelift

+2

As this is the furthest region from the location of pull for a facelift, it can be difficult to attain a good result in the marionette lines. Options to obtain a better result are to use a deep-plane or sub-SMAS technique, add fat grafting to the region, or to tighten the overlying skin with a chemical peel or laser.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and Marionette Lines

+2

This is a great question. A facelift generally results in improvements in the jawline and jowls, as well as the neck. The area around the mouth, however, may only improve slightly or not at all. This includes the marionette lines. Improvements in the contour of this area can be obtained through resurfacing treatments (e.g., chemical peels or dermabrasion) or fillers (e.g., Juvederm or even fat grafting). Best of luck going forward!

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/revision-facelift.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon