Hello my Name is Marie I Want to Know Can I Be 19 to Get Sugary?

I been having big breast all my life and never could have help to lose my breast cause iam having back pain

Breast Reduction at Age 19 to Relive Back Pain

+1

Breast reduction is appropriate when the breasts have stopped enlarging, and if that is the case, than your age does not matter. Symptomatic breast enlargement can be paid for by insurance in some cases.  Your doctor can take a history and send photos to the insurance company to try to get pre-authorization. It can be helpful if you have seen your primary care physician for some period of time and documented your symptoms of upper back discomfort, bra-strap grooving, heavy or painful feeling in the breast.  Studies have shown that breast reduction improves quality of life and is related to the size of the patient and does not have to be some arbitrary amount of tissue removed according to an insurance company.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

A 19-year-old can be a good candidate for breast reduction.

+1

Even younger teenagers can be good candidates for breast reduction under specific circumstances. As a 19-year-old you can sign your own consent for breast reduction.

19 years old and plastic surgery?

+1

In my practice I have a rule not to operate on anyone under the age of 18. I prefer older when I can. There is one exception and that is breast reduction. I see patients under the age of 18 accompanied by their guardian who really can benefit from breast reduction. From back pain, to inability to be active, to social issues, larger breasts in younger ladies can be a true problem. So, I do not think 19 is too young. You do need to know that you might not be able to breast feed and will have scars on your breasts. 

Sepehr Egrari, MD

Breast Reduction Candidate and Insurance Coverage?

+1

Based on your brief description of your situation,  you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. It will be in your best interests to achieve a long-term stable weight if you are not there already. At some point, best to seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who will be able to provide you with much more precise advice/information then you will be able to receive online.

As  you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understand that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).

Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast reduction in younger patients is reasonable

+1

At your stated age of 19, I see no issues with offering breast reduction surgery if you are an appropriate candidate. Schedule a consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon and explore your options.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Considering breast reduction at 19

+1

You are old enough to make a decision whether breast reduction surgery would be beneficial to your health or not. Discuss you concerns with several plastic surgeons in your local area, find out the pros and cons of having surgery at a young age, then determine if you should proceed now or wait until you have your family. Thank you for for sharing your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Breast Reduction at 19

+1

Most insurance companies require patients to be 18 to have surgery, so you are old enough. You should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to help you see if you are a candidate as the insurance companies have set guidelines, such as how much tissue needs to be removed. If you are able to have the surgery, you will find that most likely your back pain will be greatly reduced if not completely resolved. If you do not have insurance, and need help financially, most offices can help you get financing through companies like Care Credit. Good Luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD