Should I Have my Lymph Nodes Removed As They Are Full of Silicone from Non Medical Grade Silicone?

I Have Pain and Discomfort in the left breast and armpit also a small lump has now been found just below my nipple but they have said they can't do a biopsy as it is to close to the new implant and it could be ruptured by the procedure do you think that the non grade silicone could have caused the lump 0r that my lymph nodes are not working due to them being full of silicone

+2

Removal of the lymph nodes is not likely to be of any benefit to you. It is likely to be rather harmful, causing Lymph-edema --a difficult to treat and almost impossible to cure swelling of the arms. 

I am not sure who told you not to have a biopsy.  If there is a medical reason to perform the biopsy, your plastic surgeon should be capable of doing a biopsy without endangering the implant. Get yourself another opinion. Best wishes.

Breast lumps should be evaluated with implants

+1

Even with an implant any breast lump should be evaluated and a biopsy performed if indicated. Implant rupture is not an indication for removing lymph nodes, tender or not.

Painful breast and armpit due to non-medical grade silicone

+1

Based on your description, I am assuming that you had silicone injections to the breasts, perhaps in a country other than the U.S. I have seen patients from Asia with your particular problems. Unfortunately, the treatment for silicone granulomas often involves a subcutaneous mastectomy for severe cases with axillary lymph node dissection/excision. This treatment may be the only way to address the pain caused by the non-medical grade silicone. Thank you for sharing your concerns and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Breast and Axillary “Lumps”?

+1

Best to have any symptomatic or suspicious breast and/or axillary lesions removed and examined by pathologists.