My Lower Lip Pulls to One Side and is Steadily Getting Worse With Age. What Can I Do?

It's not that noticeable when I'm animated, but when my mouth is closed and on photo's it is. It hasn't always been like this- I first noticed at 26, it's steadily getting worse with age. I'm now 41, anything I can have done to sort it out?

Asymmetric Lip Pull

+1

Asymmetric lip pull due to a neurological issue may be balanced by a number of things including Botox, fillers, and surgery.  An examination will be necessary to determine what is best.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

How to Treat an Uneven Lower Lip

+1

The first issue is defining the cause of your lip asymmetry, be it asymmetric volume loss, skin changes around the mouth, asymmetric muscle action, or nerve function.

Once this is determined, a range of treatments is available, including injectable fillers, fat, Botox to balance muscle action or lip or facial surgery, such as lip lift, lip graft, or facelift.

Because of the possob;le complex interactive nature of this problem, I would recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon trained in this area.

Karen Vaniver, MD