My Lower Body Lift Incision at my Sacrum Has Failed. I Have a 2in wide, 1in Unsightly Lesion?

I am worried the failed stitches above my butt with the deep cut will not heal properly, leave me heavily scarred and need further surgery. What can I do to help close this 9 week old open hole?

Body Lift Incision

+1

Thank you for your question. I suggest seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and have them evaluate this and determine the best course of action for this.  You may need to have this debrided and closed, or assume other course of action.  This is an area needing attention sooner than later. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

What Should I Expect? 3 Days Away

+1

Without a photo it is not easy to get a feel for the problem. Most wounds of this sort are best treated without surgery, using good wound care. Following your surgeon's advice would be the best recommendation I can offer. If your confidence in the advice is not there, try a second opinion.

All the best.