Does my lower abdomen look normal for 3 days post-op lipo? (photo)

I had liposuction on my lower abdomen and inner and outer thighs 3 to 4 days ago. I am very small to begin with but had a small section of fat around my belly button (not over my hips though) that just wouldn't budge. My surgeon did a great job in making my stomach completely flat but when light hits it from above it looks like the fat hasn't been removed evenly. When I stand in natural light it looks totally fine. What do you think? It's still bruised obviously!

Abdomen looks okay several days after liposuction.

+1

there is nothing alarming in the photograph provided. There is still bruising and swelling which will create contour abnormalities. These will improve with time.

Liposuction

+1

At 3 days PO, it's too early to judge the final result. Continue to follow the advice of your PS and have patience for now. It will take 6-12 months to judge your final result.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Very early to determine results

+1
Dear 3lipo, Its very early in the recovery process so not much can be determined about the results of the liposuction yet. Wear your compression garment and continue to follow your plastic surgeons instructions. A month or two down the road you will be able to judge the final result a little better. All the best, Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD