My Long Chin is Bothering Me?

My chin looks like a witch's whenever I smile wide with my teeth shown. Any surgery that can reduce or remove the protruding part or reduce my chin?

My Long Chin is Bothering Me?

+1

If the problem is soft tissue excess and/or descent then the tissue can be reduced and/or lifted.  If there is a bony issue, this can be reduced as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Surgical Correction of Witch's Chin Deformity

+1

What you are describing sounds like a soft tissue ptosis problem rather than a long bony chin. This is evidenced by your description that it appears when you smile. You may benefit by a submental bone and soft tissue chin reduction procedure which can be very effective for the witch's chin deformity.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD