My Lollipop Cut Has Turned Black Red and Has Black Pieces?

I had my breast reconstruction 2 months ago and had a breast lift on one of my breasts ( i had tuberous breast deformity). everything went great, however i have noticed that the breast where I had a breast lift performed has turned black and redness has increased ( i am talking about my lollypop cut). What is this? Should it be cause for concern?

Black and Red Breast 2 Months after Breast Lift

+1

A breast that is black and red should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.  If you posted pictures, I may be able to make a better suggestion.

Lollipop lift and incision

+1

I am not sure if you are describing redness and some crusting at the incision line or actual skin loss like an eschar( larger scab).  It is best to be seen by your surgeon.  Good luck.

My Lollipop Cut Has Turned Black Red

+1

Yes this is a cause for concern, and only an in person evaluation by your surgeon can determine whether or not this is serious, and what needs to be done for you.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

+1

You should definitely go see your surgeon as soon as possible...it sounds as if you have some skin that may have lost blood supply, and the redness may be an infection.  If your surgeon is not aware of this, you should contact their office right away.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Concerns with Breast Lift Scar

+1

The description you gave is cause for concern.  You should follow-up with your surgeon as soon as possible.  Good luck!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Concerns about Incision Line after Breast Lift?

+1

Any description of “black and redness” along the incision lines is  cause for concern. I would suggest that you seek  follow-up with your plastic surgeon ( earlier than already scheduled if necessary).

Problems with breast reconstruction

+1

Rather than posting in an on-line forum (and without pictures no less), you should be contacting your plastic surgeon and getting evaluated right away.

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon