My Lips Are Un Even, Are They Swollen Because I Bit my Lip or Did I Move the Filler? (photo)

I just had juvederm injected into my lips today - second treatment because the first didn't make much difference. I only wanted injections in my top lip but because there was left over filler my nurse wanted to inject the rest into my bottom. About 2-3 hours the injection i bit my lip by accident and ever since then it has hurt a bit more, and it is much larger than the other side. Im not sure if when I bit my lip I moved the filler but it felt weird. Is this possible, or is it something else?

Lips after filler

+3

Your lips are probably swollen. You need to give the swelling a chance to resolve before judging the results. I doubt that you harmed anything by biting your lip. I would not have a nurse do a doctor's job. When things go well, that is great but when you have a complication you might be in trouble.

Birmingham Dermatologist

Lumps after lip juvederm injection

+2

it looks like localized swelling on your lower lip. it will settle. u can ice the area and be gentle with it. it can take 1 week for this to settle sometimes.

Misbah Khan, MD

Uneven Lips After Filler and Trauma

+2

The swelling that you have is quite common after any filler injections.  It is possible that you have some additional swelling after accidentally biting your lip.  This should resolve within a few days.  If you are still uneven after these few days, please return to your injector for an evaluation.  Juvederm can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Lip Swelling After Juvederm

+2

Although this question should really be addressed to your Physician, it is not unusual to have some swelling and exaggeration of the way you look the day of the procedure.  Biting your lip certainly won't improve things, but this should settle over the next few days.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Lips

+1

If you bit your lip, then it may be from swelling.  So, I would suggest waiting a few days.  If after the trauma from biting your lip resolves and there is a still asymmetry then you may be able to have Vitrase injected to help soften the product.  

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD