I had my lips injected with juvederm ultra 1 1/2 syringes.How much is swelling how much will stay? (Photo)

I had my lips injected with juvederm ultra on April 21st with 1 syringe then again May 1st with 1/2 syringe. I love the way my lips look now but I'm worried that most of it is swelling. this morning when I woke up (3rd day after) a significant amount of swelling was gone. My question is how much of this is swelling and how much of the volume is what will stay and be the result? And how long after the initial injection can you have a good idea of what your final result will be? (Pics included)

Swelling after lip filler

+2
Most people seem to have swelling in the lips after hyaluronic acid injection for up to five days after the hyaluronic acid filler, but occasionally I have seen someone with persistent swelling for two weeks.  Bottom line, I would say be patient, and give it a week or two unless there is pain and redness associated with the swelling which are signs of infection, then you would want to report that to your physician. 

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Doesn't want swelling after Juvederm to go away

+1
Mnl1985, your lips will get a little smaller than they are now. Swelling lasts for up to a week, occasionally a little bit still in the second week. 

Keep it natural, you will be much happier in the long run. If you think it is not augmented enough after a week, I advise you to live with it for a month or two before deciding to have more filler injected.  .

Sheryl D. Clark, MD