How Will my Liposuction Procedure Affect my Weight Loss Efforts?

I'm just had a small section of liposuction (1 liter) done yesterday (upper abdomen). After losing about 100lbs a year ago, I had a BR (J cup to a D) and a TT w/o muscle work. Unfortunately, it left me with an unpleasant abdominal contour (ie: bulge in upper abdomen). I'm still trying to lose weight (about 50 more lbs) and have been doing a ketosis diet. Since surgery, I've been out of ketosis. Could the anasthesia or the percocet be the culprit? How soon until I'm back to losing weight?

Liposuction and weight loss

+3

Initially after surgery you retain fluid as a response. You also will most likely be constipated with the pain meds. As your activity level improves and you are a few weeks out form surgery, you will likely do better.

Weight loss after #Liposuction

+3

its best to consult with a nutritionist and go over your dietary routine with them. the procedure itself is not going to afect your diet plans but it will change your body contour so might be better to get help from the expert.

Misbah Khan, MD

Out of Ketosis after Liposuction

+2

If you have not eaten any carbohydrates after surgery, the detection of ketosis may be altered by the glucocorticoid stress response, which will to some extent create glucose through gluconeogenesis.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+2

It should not have a notable effect. The specific question you ask is best addressed to a weight loss professional. But I would not be surprised to see some metabolic changes for some days following your surgery.

All the best.