Does my Lip Lift Scar Look Normal? (photo)

It's been 7 days since I got my lip lift, the stitches are to be removed on the 10th day. From what I've seen in photos on RealSelf the scarring does not look like that, most of the ladies got perfectly fine healed wounds with just stithces sticking out. In my case, there's still a lot of scabs and some yellow substance. I do disinfect the wound daily, in the morning and before I go to bed, but my concern is that it may have got infected and therefore it's not healing properly. please help! :(

Normal healing after lip lift

+3

Your photo appears to show very normal healing with some residual dried blood/scab.  Make sure you follow up with your surgeon so the stitches don't remain longer than necessary.  

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Does My Lip Lift Look Normal?

+3

Don't be afraid to clean with soap and water.  Usually, if you have removable sutures, that are out by now.  Please follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible to address these concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD