Is my lip injury going to cause a permanent scar? (photo)

I recently had an accident and fell causing a busted lip. It has been about a week and my lip looks like it does in the photo. I was wondering if it is going to leave a scar or if my lip is still in the healing process

Will lip injury cause permanent scar?

+1
In most cases, after an injury, there will be a scar that forms.  It does take several months and sometimes up to a year for all of the healing to occur.  In the ideal situation, once the healing has occurred, the scar may not be noticeable but it would always be present.  Since your injury was only a week ago, you definitely need more time for the lip to heal before judging how your scar will look.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon