I Got my Lift and Implants Yesterday, Do They Look Normal For 1 Day PO? (photo)

Here's pics of my before and after. I know that things this be looking up soon I hope. I was wondering if they look normal for being one day post op? And I have no feeling in one of my nipples. Will that get better?? I am really hoping so. Plus it is super hard to move my arms, should I move them around? Will that help with soreness or make it worse?

No problems with breast augmentation and mastopexy one day after surgery.

+1

There is nothing in the photograph it is alarming. I think things will turn out fine but you should address concerns of yours to your own surgeon.

Lift and implants yesterday, do they look normal for 1 day post-op

+1

As far as I can tell from your photos, you look like you are doing well.  At 1 day post-op, it's very soon to be concerned with your breasts looking normal.  Their appearance will continue to change as time goes on and swelling goes down.  Numbness is common and should improve with time although some patients can lose some sensation permanently, although rare.  Keep your arm movement to a minimum especially the use of your pectoral muscles and keep up with your follow up appts with your surgeon. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Postop day one following augmentation and lift

+1

You look symmetric and I don't see much bruising. I cannot see the real color of your nipple as it looks like it has been marked out with ink. So, I cannot comment on how healthy they look. It can be completely normal to have less sensation in your nipples. That typically improves with time. As for the shape, keep in mind that skin and tissue relaxes with time. Many patients after augmentation/mastopexy feel too high and tight. Give things a couple of months or more to settle out and really take shape. As for activity, follow your surgeons activity guidelines. We are all a little different, but normal restrict heavy arm use and weight lifting for the first several weeks.

on a personal note, my mother is from Mt. Pleasant. It is good to see a post come out of there! Good luck with your recovery!

Jennifer Lauren Crawford, MD

I Got my Lift and Implants Yesterday, Do They Look Normal For 1 Day PO?

+1

These are issues you really need to address with your chosen surgeon to fully understand the surgical & healing issues!!! 

Too early to tell

+1

At one day out, you appear to be symmetrical in terms of the volume and shape. As long as the color of the nipple and areola are normal then I think you will be fine. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

At 1 day post-op the biggest concerns are abnormal swelling or abnormal color

+1

It is so early at 1 day post-op that I don't get too caught up in whether things look "normal" or not - they most certainly won't look like normal breasts.  My main concerns at this stage are the color of the nipples and skin indicating the presence of good blood supply and viable tissues and whether or not there is large swelling which may indicate bleeding around the implants.  Beyond these two things I don't worry too much about shape, position, or spacing, and even numbness as an isolated finding is something that we don't worry about now because it will most likely resolve in time.  My best advice at this stage is relax, and make sure you inform your surgeon about any significant changes that you notice.  Good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

+1

Based on the pictures, the results look good. Numbness is common for  a few days to weeks after surgery. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Lift after one day

+1

WIth limited photos, it certainly looks ok from the photos posted. Some numbness is fairly common and usually gets better with time.

1 Day Post-Op From Mastopexy Surgery

+1

It is much, much too soon to tell what your final results will be. However, from the picture you submitted you do appear to be on target. Just keep up with your follow up visits with your surgeon.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Seem to be on target at one day post op

+1

You look totally normal for the first day after surgery.  Ask your plastic surgeon if your result is on target.  Your nipple sensation may get better over the coming months.  Loss of nipple sensation is one of the risks of the procedure but permanent loss is unusual.