My Profiles Look Different. What Should I Do? (photo)

Left profile you can see a small bump, and the other side doesn't. What should I do?

Asymmetric facial features

+1

The question that you ask is a very good one. It is not uncommon for patients to have one side of the face appear different than the other - I would submit that it is entirely normal. Surgery is often a means to create harmony and balance between the two sides of our face. Often patients with nasal curvature will also have different profile appearances.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD

Facial Asymmetries Are Normal

+1

Facial asymmetries are normal and it is when they exceed a given limit that they become unbearable to most of us.

With that perspective, your profile modified photo to the right is different than the one to the left because it looks like your chin was modified in addition to your nose.

This is why, a rhinoplasty with a chin implant and some neck lipo-contouring will provide a well rounded package for a major and suitable change to bring out your facial beauty.

That being said please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

It is Common to have Asymmetry of your Face

+1

When I see consulting patients for Rhinoplasty I use a digital imagining computer. With  the computer I can divide the face and put both left sides together and both right sides together and you would be surprised to see the assymetry that appears. No two sides of the face from frontal view are the same nor is the profile. When doing surgery this is all taken into consideration and a surgical plan is developed to make symmetry of the entire face. The process of surgery is to achieve symmetry to the entire facial structures keeping in mind all of the patients anatomy. This is not a concern and is addressed in all surgical patients. A thorough evaluation and examination will determine a proper surgical plan. You are an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty with Chin Augmentation that will provide you with excelent aesthetic results. 

Michael Elam, MD