My Left Side Looks So Natural....yet my Right Still Seems High? (photo)

So I know it can take months to see the final result and I'm only four weeks out. But I'm just wondering, considering how much smaller my right side was before surgey, what's the likelyhood that it wont drop down as low as left? I have saline implants under the muscle. 360 cc left. And 420 cc right. My left is very soft but not my right. My PS says that since I'm right handed, that is my prominent muscle and will take longer to relax down. I do displacement exercises/masssages. I wear my strap

Breast augmentation

+2

At only 4 weeks post op, it is too early to worry about any asymmetries.  The breasts had different sized implants placed and each will heal at its own rate due to the different forces that are being placed on it.  Continue with your follow up appointments with your surgeon and try to be patient.  Good luck.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

4 weeks post op augmentation

+2

As others have said, you're still too early to appreciate a final result and maneuvers can be used to help with improving symmetry.  Your upper poles seem close to equal and I emphasize that its more important to have equal upper poles and then if needed, adjust the nipples to provide the final result as you were asymmetric before surgery.  Work with your surgeon to achieve the result you desire and be patient.

Curtis Wong, MD

Asymmetry Following Breast Augmentation

+2

Try not to get discouraged about your current result from your surgery, because it is still much too early to tell the final result.  Continue to do your exercises and you should see continued improvement.  Keep in mind, most women do not have perfect symmetry in their breasts either before or after breast implants.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

My Left Side Looks So Natural....yet my Right Still Seems High?

+2

It is too early to consider this a final result. I would expect more symmetry with time (a few more months), but not perfect symmetry. You can tell from the pre-op photo how much more breast skin there is on the left, and this difference would not be addressed by implants alone, so expect some persistent difference in size and shape.

All the best. 

You had asymmetry before surgery

+2

Hello. Four weeks is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another two months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. Also your breasts were uneven before the surgery so you will still have asymmetry after the augmentation.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Implant differences

+2

Your left breast in the photo has more skin and is more ptotic than the right one.  It will not drop as much. They are different.

Symmetry

+1

At 4 weeks post-op, it is still too soon to worry about this being your final result.  Everyone is different, but typically your breasts can still change up to 3-6 months, so try to give it some time.  Keeping in mind that no patient has perfectly symmetric breasts, looking at your pre-op photo, your breasts were also not symmetric to start with so you will still have some asymmetry after your surgery.  Thanks for your question!

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation #breastimplants

+1

This was predictable given the asymmetry that you had before your surgery. Clearly you have a tighter lower pole on the right compared to a more ptotic breast on the left with a more expanded lower pole. While it is too early to judge the final result you will still have asymmetry once things have settled. It is possible that after 3-4 months you will be happy with the result so hang in there. I would offer you a breast lift on the left to even things up better down the road once the implants and capsule have settled to their final place. This might also mean going bigger on the right. Breast augmentation will not augment the asymmetry that one has so this is what I would have expected.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Too soon for Final Result

+1

It's too soon for final result.  Continue to do your exercises, and follow your Plastic Surgeon's post-op instructions for a good result. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast asymmetry

+1

I agree with other plastic surgeons that it is too early to evaluate at this time.  It does take two to three months for the implants to settle.  However, she had asymmetry prior to your breast augmentation.  Implants augment your existing breasts as well as augmenting your existing asymmetry.  Your left breast was larger and slightly more ptotic.  Therefore, you will maintain some degree of asymmetry after your breast augmentation.  I would wait till both implants settle down.  Then, re-evaluate whether you want mastopexy (breast lift) at that time.

Sugene Kim, MD