Is my Left Saline Implant Leaking?

I had surgery three months ago. I noticed a difference in size about 6 weeks ago and my surgeon said it was too difficult to tell at this stage. My right breast feels firm and tight and I can feel the intact implant but my left feels mushy and it's hard for me to feel the implant.

Leaking saline implant.

+1

Without an exam it is impossible to tell you if you have a leaking implant. Saline is absorbed over time by the body and if a saline implant does rupture, it is usually pretty obvious. Close follow up with your surgeon is recommended.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Deflated implant

+1

A deflated implant is a cause for concern. It is usually quite obvious. If you are unsure, then I recommend you see your surgeon.

Leaking Saline Implant?

+1

Without an examination, it is difficult to tell you what is happening.

I would highly suggest going in to see your surgeon and allowing him/her to examine you and take care of you.

Saline implant leak

+1

A photo and good exam would be most helpful.  It is unlikely that your implant is leaking and more likely that you are healing faster on one side which is quite common.  Discuss this with your surgeon.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon