My Left Nostril is Narrower Than my Right Nostril. Could I Get a Nose Job to Fix It if I Am 16?

I already have talked to my parents and they agree it's a good idea to get it sooner than later. I also need to get the bump on the bridge of my nose flattened so although evening out my nostrils is important I have other reasons to want to get a nose job.

Multifaceted Rhinoplasty For A 16 y.o. Patient

+2

At 16 years of age, your nose should be just about fully mature and ready for a rhinoplasty if elected.

With that perspective, with one or both of your parents during consultation the surgeon of choice will help you make a well-informed decision on what could be achieved surgically.

The nasal irregularities you have described in your post will have to be assessed during an in-person evaluation so a solid solution could be formulated.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Septorhinoplsty

+2

Sixteen years old is typically the earliest age that we perform Septorhinoplasty surgery unless needed for reconstruction purposes at an earlier age. At sixteen years old your nose has matured and this is a good time to have surgery before starting your college years. It is also important in helping your self esteem during these difficult years especially if you have issues of asymmetry, bridge bump and other concerns. A good consultation with a Board Certified Surgeon and an expert in Rhinoplasty will help answer all of your questions. Personally I use a digital imaging computer during my consultations which allows me to show the patient the proposed surgical result. This can be very helpful in making sure you and your surgeon have the same aesthetic desires. Review your surgeons before and afters, speak to his/her patients that have recently undergone the same procedure and this will help you determine if you have picked the right surgeon and feel comfortable in their care. Wishing you the best! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Asymmetry of the nostrils are often a sign of a deviated septum, at least the bottom portion

+2

A nosejob is considered the "cosmetic" operation that often accompanies a septoplasty or repair of a deviated septum. However, they don't have to always go hand in hand. A deviated septum can be fixed without touching the external nose. If you are having a septoplasty, it is a good time to get a rhinoplasty. It's important to find a specialist that understands both functional septoplasty as well as rhinoplasty. By 16 years of age, teens are certainly ready for surgery.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Teenage rhinoplasty

+1

There is no reason to deny you surgery based solely on your age. 16 is old enough to have rhinoplasty surgery as evidenced by the vast numbers of teenagers of this who have this surgery in the US every year.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD