My left nipple is substantially bruised. Should I be concerned? (photo)

My left nipple is really bruised but my right is fine. Do you know what causes one to bruise so bad and one not to? Its not uncomfortable or painful and incisions/glue look fine. I'm one week post surgery today. Anything to bw concerned about? My dr is gone for the holiday so I could make an appointment with his partner if you think ita cause for concern. I'm not worried, but my husband is sure my nipple is going to fall off :)

Bruised nipples

By now, you should know if it was just a bruise or more... but in general, if skin is warm and refills, it should do okay.  If cold and getting darker, you must let your surgeon know.