My Left Nipple is Facing Outwards After Breast Augmentation, What Are my Options? (photo)

I went in to have a breast augmentation and my doctor diagnosed me with tuberous breasts.My right breast is perfect even though I had some problems with the implant turning around a few months ago, but my left one has not regain feeling in the area more proximate to the sternum and the nipple is facing outwards as well,it looks as if the implant was not put in correctly or didn't heal well.I have read other answers to uneven nipples after breast augmentation, but mine were perfectly even.

Nipple asymmetry-tuberous breasts and herniated areolas

+1

Hi,

I understand from you photo that you do not have a pre op photo.  If you did it would show the tuberous part of your breasts and probably herniated areolas.  The latter condition is merely a looseness of the areola complex being pushed by the breast tissue.

Also, with your photos on closer look, you did not have an augmentation alone.  you had a donut mastopexy with your augment.  This is done to raise or move the nipple complex and is usually used when the areolas are in a lower position or in a case like yours, it would be the approach by the doctor to flatten the herniated nipples.

Here is the situation.  You probably had a nipple complex on the left that pre operatively pointed laterally.  The implant is close to where it should be but the nipple complex is not centered as it is on the right breast. 

The approach to your case would be to use the donut tuck again but with a larger circle on the left nipple complex and this would allow for a better centering of the complex.  If the excess areola is removed at the same time, then you will get the flattening that will make the nipple complexes less herniated. 

Check your pre op photos  and you will see that a lot of your present condition will be shown in your pre op presentation.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Nipple After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing your photograph. It seems that you can benefit from capsulotomy and circumareolar approach to reposition your left nipple.

However, without physical examination it is hard to confirm any procedure as being the best fit to your case.

I encourage you to consult with your surgeon or with a board certified surgeon of ample experience in breast implants revisions; this type of surgery is of a delicate nature.

Thank you for your question and best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Nipple asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

It does not appear that your implants are centered behind your areolae. Although, the medial poles of your breasts are attractive, they are both overdissected in my opinion with the left being more so than the right. Most likely, your pre-operative photos showed that you have laterally displaced nipples. There is no way that I know to achieve the attractive cleavage that you have without making your nipples appear too far apart when you have this condition. I would have suggested keeping the implants more widely spaced to keep them centered behind the areolae. At this point, I think that you need a capsullorhaphy procedure that pushes the implants back out more laterally. The vertical asymmetry of your areolae is also a difficult issue that may not be completely correctable, but might be improved with an areolae reduction procedure. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast issues

+1

Without preop photos it is difficult to say. It appears that there is still a tuberous issue going on especially on the left side and perfroming a procedure around the areola may slightly improve the position of the areola as well.

My Left Nipple is Facing Outwards After Breast Augmentation, What Are my Options?

+1

Drs Becker and Pousti are correct in their recommendations and thoughts. NEED a pre operative posted photo to see the degree of asymmetry and hypomastia of the left breast. But you need additional surgery to correct the N/A tuberous deformity and reposition it more inferio=medial. 

Nipple asymmetry

+1

It appears that your left breast is has some lateral tightness

This could be released surgically(open capsulotomy)

The left nipple is still tuburous a little high and lateral.This could be corrected with a circumareolar procedure moving the nipple madially and down

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

It is difficult to give you precise advice without seeing your preoperative photographs.  Also, in the future you may want to have a 2nd person take your pictures so that your arms can be at your side (arm elevation may change the appearance of the breasts).

Having said that, it may be that your left breast implants is positioned too far medially;  close to the cleavage area. If this is the case, the nipple/areola complex will appear to point outward.  If this is indeed found to be the case then revisionary breast  surgery involving internal sutures (capsulorapphy)  may be indicated to prevent the breast implant from moving too far to the midline.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon to express your questions and concerns.