My Left Implant is Sagging when I'm Lying Down 2 Years After Surgery, Why?

I have has breast implants for 2 years, I have recently noticed that when I lye down my left breast is sagging and my right is still up right. When I push it back up it feels kind of funny, like I am moving the implant. I'm wondering if maybe it has detached itself?

Implants in your armpit when laying down.

+2

Moving the implant in the pocket will not hurt anything but it is likely from your description that your breast implant has become laterally displaced overtime.  This can be fixed with a surgery that places sutures on the inside to force the implant back toward the center and make it more symmetric with the other side. I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and see what they recommend.  Thanks, Dr. Kerr

Breast Implant Displacement when Lying Down?

+2

It will be in your best interests to be examined by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. Based on your description, you may be experiencing lateral (outwardly) displacement of the left breast implant. This can be corrected using an internal suture technique decreasing the size of the pocket and moving the implant toward the midline.

Again, accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations will depend on physical examination findings during in-person consultation.

Implant sagging

+1

More than likely your pocket has enlarge. This can possibly be treated with tightening of the capsule using sutures.  Without an exam I can not be sure. 

Saggy breast implant

+1

Actually what you are describing in terms of the implant that is saggy is the normal scenario, the implant should move around for it to remain soft. When you lie down, the implant should move to the side, just like a normal non-augmented breast. I think the other side likely has either some element of capsular contracture or a less dissected pocket that is limiting its motion. When a woman lies down, their breast should not remain on top of the ribcage and look perky.

Julio Garcia, MD