Is my Left Implant Bottoming Out or Does the Right Just Still Need to Drop? (photo)

I had my BA 3wks ago w/450ccs saline behind muscle. I'm concerned that my left breast is "bottoming out" & or may have fluid retention as it seems larger & lower than my right. I understand that my left was larger/lower prior to my surgery, but my left breast now has way less on the upper pole and my nipple & incision seem to be rising slightly on the left side. I saw my PS 10days post op, but the problem was not apparent yet. I will see him again on 7/17, but was hoping for input prior to.

Bottoming out

+2

I don't think you have anything to worry about.I would wear a bra to support your "new" look.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Is my Left Implant Bottoming Out or Does the Right Just Still Need to Drop?

+2

Reviewing the posted photos does not demonstrate any issues at this early stage of healing. In fact it appears as a quite good result. Allow at least 2 months of healing. 

“Bottoming Out” after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately,  it is not possible to tell whether you will have issues with “bottoming out” of the breast implants  at this time. It is simply too early to evaluate the final position of the breast implants;  for example, it is very difficult to  distinguish perioperative swelling from breast implant positioning.  It will take several months for swelling to fully resolve, for the skin to “redrape”  and for the breast implants to rest in their final position.

At this point, I would suggest you continue to be patient and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.  He/she is in the best position to advise you.

3 weeks after breast augmentation is too early to tell if you are bottoming out

+1

Thank you for your question. Your early photographs do not show evidence of bottoming out but it is too early to tell. I also see the lack of supra areolar fullness on the left compared to the right and this may indicate that your implant is shifting downward. Be sure to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS