Is my left eyelid starting to look droopy and asymmetrical? (Photos included)
I recently woke up with a higher crease/more space on my left eyelid and it's been two weeks so far and it hasn't gone away. It doesn't hurt and there's no irritation. It just looks "puffier" than my right lid. I've had this problem a few times before, but it'd go away within hours and even out. I rarely wear contacts. I did change my eye care routine lately with new products. Will this ever go away? It's been almost two weeks. I really don't want to have surgery ):
Doctor Answers 1
- Even with make-up, it seems your left eyelid crease was always slightly higher,
- Contacts can definitely stretch the muscle that opens the eyelid - but if you rarely wear them, that is unlikely.
- A change in eye care routine seems an unlikely cause until medications are involved,
- And it is unusual to have this problem come and go.
- If you were my patient, I would refer you to a neuro-ophthalmologist to figure out what is going on.
- I suggest you see a Board Certified Opthalmologist for an initial exam. Best wishes.
Have a question?
Ask a doctor
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.