My Left Eyeball is Elevated Upward. Can Be Corrected? (photo)

I have had two ptosis corrections; one correction in 2008 another in 2009. In 2011 I had a my crease line revised. It was after this surgery that the eyeball appeared to be elevated. I would like to know if this has been caused by the revisional upper bleph or is this from an overcorrected ptosis repair. I would also like to know if this could be corrected and the type of procedure required to correct this. The second photo is prior to the revisional upper bleph.

Revisional eyelid surgery

+1

You appear to have left lower eyelid retraction (pulled down) giving the appearance of the eyeball being higher; however you need a proper evaluation to determine that and make sure it is not true elevation of the eyeball.  Residual upper eyelid ptosis also compounds the problem and makes it appear higher. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation. Revisional ptosis surgery is possible as is lower eyelid retraction surgery.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

What is the cause of asymmetric eyelids?

+1

In both of your photos I notice that the degree of protrusion of your two eyeballs is different. The left eye appears more forwardly displaced. This has become more apparent in the later photo. This change may be related to your previous surgery or it may be due to an unrelated cause. For instance, thyroid disease can cause progressive eyeball protrusion. Determining the exact cause is necessary in order to plan the right operation for correction. Try to find a surgeon with some cranio-facial training for a consultation.

Diana L. Elias MD

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon