Why my Left Eye is Smaller Than Right Eye After Lower Eye Lid Surgery?

I had my lower eye lid surgery 3 weeks ago and realized my left eye looks smaller than right eye. I have incision under my eye lashes and on the corner of my eyes. The incisions are diagonals. The incisions on the corner of my left eye is very tight and its pinched. The left corner is closed and I can hardly open it. I am wondering if it's permanent or something can be done to open it up. I am so worry that my eyes are not going to be the same size any more.

Uneven Eyes after Lower Eyelid Surgery

+2

Uneven eyes after lower eyelid surgery at 3 weeks is common, particularly if you are markedly swollen, had canthoplasty or canthopexy, or had noticeable asymmetry prior to surgery.  Wait at least 6 months before thinking about any revisions and follow your surgeon's instructions in the interim.

Eyelid asymmetry after surgery

+1

It is difficult to assess your problem without a photo. It is possible the asymmetry was there prior to surgery and it is possible something may have changed since surgery. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Need more time for healing following lower eyelid blepharoplasty

+1

You are only 3 weeks post surgery and any changes or asymmetry you are noting now will most likely change over time.  Massage and patience are the keys.  A photograph would be helpful to determine your exact problem.  

Lower lid surgery

+1

Without seeing you it is difficult to comment.  Remember everyone has asymmetric eyes and some of what you see may be swelling.

Difficult to answer without photos

+1

You are still quite early in your post operative healing period. So change is expected over the next couple of months, and possibly longer. Have you discussed your concerns with your surgeon? I'm sure he/she would want to know about these concerns and will address them for you.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyes asymmetric 3 weeks after lower eyelid surgery

+1

Without pictures, it's difficult to answer your question.  I will tell you that the appearance of your eyes will still change over time.  At three weeks after your lower blepharoplasty, there is sill healing taking place.  It is not unusual for one eye to heal faster than the other, as sometimes there is more swelling and bruising on one side versus the other.  It can take several months to get a better idea of what your final result will look like.  Since you are concerned, I would encourage you to follow up with your surgeon, as he or she would have the most information in regards to your particular surgery.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon