Why is my Left Ear Still Prominent? (photo)

I recently had otoplasty on both my ears. Really happy with the right ear but the left is still prominent. Am I able to ask my surgeon for revision otoplasty for a reduced cost?

Why is my Left Ear Still Prominent?

+1

A revision can be performed, but it would be necessary to have the other ear for comparison and an exam to determine what exactly may be needed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetric Otoplasty Results

+1

Perfect symmetry can be difficult to achieve in otoplasty surgery as no two ears are exactly alike. It certainly would be beneficial to discuss this with your surgeon and a revisional procedure may be beneficial as long as you are at least 3 months from the original surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

It is OK to express your disappointment and ask for a revision.

+1

Chances are that your surgeon isn't happy with your left ear as well.  It is perfectly acceptable to express your disappointment and ask for a revision.  All surgeons want to have happy patients and will often revise the initial procedure for little or no cost.

John F. Reinisch, MD