7 days po, could my left breast be larger due to extra swelling... or is this double bubble? (photos)

My left breast seems much fuller than right especially under my nipple. Right breast has gotten a little fuller below areola since the beginning. Could it be double bubble near where the bruise is or could that just be swelling? I beleive my dr said he might need to lower my fold, could that be the cause for the swelling? Saw my dr 5 days post op and said once swelling goes down they will even out and has me wearing the strap to hold them down even though in my opinion they are not riding high.

Double bubble after augmentation

+1
Based on your photographs the larger breast with the bruise which appears on the left side of the photograph appears to have a double bubble.  By 2 months after your surgery the double bubble should be apparent.  This usually can be corrected with a minor revision. For more information on revision of breast implant please read the following link:

Breast implant concerns

+1
Thank you for your breast implant question.

• The photo does not suggest a double bubble,
  • There is definitely bruising,
  • Bruising tends to cause more swelling,
  • Things look as though they are healing well but it takes time to see the final result.
  • Continue seeing your surgeon to have all your questions and concerns answered. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Double bubble

+1
Currently the additional swelling can augment or magnify the fullness of a breast as well as the double bubble.  Now if after 6 weeks the double bubble remains, then it can be partially due to lowering the fold but more often it is when an implant diameter or size is greater than the actual implant itself.  Finally, wearing the band really could be exacerbating the double bubble appearance as it is forcing the implant inferiorly.  Check with your plastic surgeon to be sure.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Surgery

+1
Congratulations on your surgery.  As the others have mentioned it is too early to comment on how things look now as a lot will change in the next few months.  Usually at about 4-6 months the evolution has completed and then you can comment on how things look.

In the meantime, make sure you continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and follow his directions. At 6 months time you can re-evaluate things and see how things can be improved, if they need be. 

As another surgeon mentioned here, it is a common term that I use which is, breasts are sisters not twins. 

Good luck.  Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Post Operative Edema

+1
I agree with your doctor 100%.  Try not to worry about the asymmetries at this point.  Swelling is usually unilateral.  The breasts are "sisters" not "twins."  With that said, whenever you are concerned that there is something wrong, always contact your surgeon to ask the question.  It looks as if your lower poles will stretch as the implant settles.  After about six months, one can re-evaluate and if a minor revision is needed, maybe can be carried out at that time.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Swelling

+1
Thank you for the photos but is way to early to judge your final result  so be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Looks like yours were tuberous breasts

+1
The photos would suggest that you started with tuberous breasts, a tough kind of starting point and prone to double bubble and bottoming out issues because of needing to lower the crease. Best to stay close to your doctor and have frequent visits to heal optimally.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Double bubble

+1
At 7 days out it is way to early to make any judgement on your results. If your surgeon lowered your crease on the right then what you see on the right is normal for now. I'd stick with your surgeon's advice. Only he or she knows exactly what was done in the OR and the characteristics of your breast tissue.

Lee E. Corbett, MD