My Left Breast is Incredibly Tight at 2wks Post Op. Is This Cause for Concern?

Recovery after breast augmentation

+1

It is normal to feel breast tightness after breast augmentation.  It takes a couple of months for your skin and muscle to stretch enough to accommodate the implant.  This discomfort can also be unilateral.

Position will change months after breast augmentation

+1

First, you should feel reassured that 2 weeks after your initial surgery is too soon to make any final judgment on your breast implant position. Many changes occur over the course of a few months. Check in with your surgeon right away for a personal evaluation and advice about your individual case. Most of us have some degree of asymmetry, so it is common for an augmentation to progress at different rates. Best of luck to you!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. Two weeks is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another two months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Tight breast at two weeks post surgery

+1

Without an exam I can not say. But it is possible to have tightness from swelling or even a hematoma.  Best to be seen in person.

Tightness after Breast Augmentation

+1

Thanks for your question but it is difficult to answer without more details.  Please provide more details and even photos.  Tightness may be a normal part of healing depending on the size of implant and individual body size or it could be an abnormal issue like fluid collection or infection.  Even though a fluid collection or infection is less likely we can not answer accurately without further info.

Eric Egozi, MD

My Left Breast is Incredibly Tight at 2wks Post Op.

+1

There is not enough info here to attempt any reassurance. At any rate, it will be best for you to run this question by your surgeon. With some give and take over the phone, the surgeon can decide if you need to be seen or not at this time

All the best.