My left breast seems bigger than right one could this be from being swollen???

Hello I had my ba in June 2013. My implants were not dropping @ all so my ps removed some tissue on 11/15/13 to release them he said. Now I feel my right implant is a bit smaller than my left could this be cause I'm still swollen from my second surgery. He suggested I get 450cc saline high profile. I'm 5' & 115 pounds...

Breast asymmetry

+1

Sounds like you have been dealing with some asymmetry and now are recently recovering from a second surgery. I suspect that things are swollen now so do give it some time.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1

We need pictures to help you. Asymmetry is likely in the early post-op period. I'm not sure when your 2nd surgery was though, as 11/15/13 is a future date.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Difference in size of breasts

+1

Hello!! It is important to understand that no one has completely symmetrical breasts. There is alway one a little bigger than the other. When a patient is recovering from breast augmentation it is completely normal that one breasts is more swollen than the other. Gradually the swelling wil subside. It is important to have post surgery checkups as recommended to see how the breasts are healing and so the doctor can give you the best information.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Size difference after breast aug.

+1

Thanks so much for your question. It's difficult to be certain without seeing either a photo or examining you. However, you could still have some swelling at this point that could account for a size difference.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Without a photograph, it is difficult to tell. However, it could be related to swelling. You will know as more time goes by, most swelling is gone by six months, even up to a year.

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants

+1

Those are big implants so I would need to see pictures but yes often patients sides do not respond the same to surgery so do not be alarmed if they are not symmetrical after surgery

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC