My Left 16 Yr. Old Saline Implant Sometimes Gets Stuck in Upper Pocket with Certain Pressure. Help ? (photo)

Ex: If I am bending over and my arm pushes on my implant, it moves up like normal and then actually has stayed in the uppper pocket. I have to lightly push it back down. This has never happened before. Also, I am starting to experience little sharp, shooting pains in this same left breast. It 'looks' fairly normal though. After 2 kids, I am heavier and they dropped a lot. Thinking its time to get replacement and lift? Also, right one seems hard on side when arm is raised up. ?

My Left 16 Yr. Old Saline Implant Sometimes Gets Stuck in Upper Pocket with Certain Pressure. Help ?

+2

"HELP" yourself by obtaining a few IN PERSON evaluations for revision exchange surgery from boarded PSs in your city very soon. Because it will only worsen if you continue to wait. I would remove, excise the capsule (capsulectomy/otomy/arraphy), replace with new implants. Best of luck. 

Old implants and a capsule?

+2

From your description, you m ay have developed a capsule that causes the implant to get stuck in certain positions. An exam would be essential.

Old saline breast implants

+2

Based on your description I agree it well could be a capsular contracture starting which would explain the "getting stuck" and pain, etc.  Based on your history and studying your pictures, my recommendation would be to do a removal and replacement of breast implants.  Most saline should be changed out after 16 years.  I would strongly encourage silicone gel implants, and also adding a mastopexy (breast lift).  I think you'll be happy with this plan.  I hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.boyntonplasticsurgery.com

Breast implant moves up like normal but gets stuck

+2

The moving up thing is not what we would consider as normal, as the implant and breast should move together and feel as one. The ability to push the implant up and out from under the breast was an idea to keep the implants free of a capsular contracture (displacement exercises) and is probably not in the mainstream today. Your implants are older, and you can let things be the way they are until an implant leaks, or when you no longer like the look or feel.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Problems with Breast Implants 16 Years Out?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It would be in your best interests to meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons  who will likely be able to make accurate diagnoses and treatment  recommendations. Based on your description, you may be experiencing encapsulation of the breasts;  this relatively heavy scar tissue formation can cause the breasts to seem firmer and prevent “normal” movement of the breast implants.

Again, in-person consultation will be in your best interests.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm