One of my Lateral Incisor is Very Outwards, All my Other Teeth Are Good. I Don't Want to Wear Braces . Should I Go for Implant?

What to do about one tooth sticking out

+2

Have you considered Invisalign?  Before you say no, find somebody who is wearing it (you will have to look hard since they are nearly invisible) and ask their opinion/experience.

Without a picture it is hard to tell, but in general Dentists are very against extracting a healthy tooth whose only problem is that it is sticking out.  Is the tooth healthy?  Does it have any fillings/crowns?  Gum Disease?

A single veneer may be an option as well, but may require further work such as a root canal.  Please speak with your Dentist about your options.

Keep in mind if your tooth is very healthy and you are determined to extract it, you may have a difficult time convincing an oral surgeon to extract a healthy tooth.

Good Luck

Long Island Cosmetic Dentist

Do not take out healthy tooth because it is sticking out

+2

Absolutely not. Why would you take out a perfect tooth just because it is sticking out a bit. There is nothing better than your own tooth. If the tooth is broken down or has gum/bone problems then it may be a good plan. Only a good exam and X-ray can determine that.

Use Invisalign to align it and maybe a veneer after if needed. It will be about the same cost of an implant but the implant will never be as good as your tooth( in all aspects).

Hope this helps

Dr. T

Mauricio C. Tijerino, DMD
Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

How to Fix a Lateral Incisor that is Very "Outwards".

+2

I would NOT recommend extracting and placing an implant, if that can be avoided. If you could submit a few pictures, I could get a better idea of the extent of the misplacement. You would be better off wearing Invisalign or else Porcelain Veneering, if possible.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist