Does my labiaplasty look like things will turn out ok? (photo)

I am 3 weeks 1 day post op as of today. There are like 2 "balls" by the top of my clitoria which are really bothersome / sensitive . My doctor told me they would " go away" but I feel unsure . Please give me advice. Thank you so much.

Plato's Scar Serum for labiaplasty scars

+1
The early postoperative period after labiaplasty may entail some residual swelling. The full outcome will be determined when the swelling subsides. I advise patients to apply a scar serum (Plato's) to minimize potential hypertrophy of scars. 

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/body/15/labiaplasty.aspx

LABIAPLASTY RESULT

+1

Believe it or not there is still a significant amount of swelling 3 weeks after labiaplasty (and most other surgery as well). Thus I encourage you to remain patient over the next several months and keep your follow visits with and recommendations of your operating surgeon in the meantime. Glad to help...

Web reference: HTTP://WWW.DRRYANSTANTON.COM

Will my labiaplasty turn out ok?

+1

You had a trimming labiaplasty. The two "balls" at the top are the ends of the frenula, which are the folds leading from the clitoris. The frenula are often cut abruptly from a trimming labiaplasty, which results in the sensitive "balls". Usually, these knobs will shrink with time over the next five months. If they continue to be unsightly and sensitive, you may need a reconstruction. In addition, you may need the labia minora reconstructed. No attempt to revise your labia should be done until you are at least five months after your past procedure. You need to control your anxiety and wait. The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance but this won't be known until all the swelling is gone. You usually only get one more good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Web reference: http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/Abstract/2011/06000/Labia_Minora_Reconstruction_Using_Clitoral_Hood.26.aspx

3 weeks out from labiaplasty - will it be ok?

+1

It truly is a waste of your energy and time worry about how it's going to look at this point. I encourage my patients to be patient for at least 4 to 6 months because things will change and improve as the swelling goes away.

I strongly recommend you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon if your concerns persist once the swelling is gone.

Jennifer Harrington MD

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon