My Labiaplasty Don´t Look Good? (photo)

Hi. I did my labiaplasty at the hospital, i really didn´t like my doctor so i don´t wanna go back and let him check. It was about 5 weeks ago and I am not happy with the result. I think he took to much and i don´t have any labia left. And my area around the clitoris looks not normal, it looks disformed and not symmetry. Will it look better with time? i am really sad about it.. i did it because i had discomfort. I haven´t afford to go to a plastic surgent.. please don´t lie, i most hear the truth..

Revision for Labiaplasty Surgery in Los Angeles

I perform labiaplasty revision in my office, but I would defer revision or the talk of revision until the swelling has subsided and the final results are seen.  Conservative measures may fair well in this case. Raffy Karamanoukian, MD Los Angeles

Dear SadGirl

Please don't be sad. Please find a plastic surgeon who can help you. A consult is usually free for most good and thoughtful plastic surgeons, so please find one in your area that does labiaplasty and labiaplasty revisions.

You had a "trim" method or an "amputation" method, which removed too much labia minora. The good news is that extra tissue over the clitoris can be used to create some labia. This is a reconstructive type procedure and more complicated. You may not have enough to re-create the entire labia minora, but there is probably enough at least to create minora at the upper part of the vulva. Find the right doctor for this. There is one good shot at a revision. Good luck and feel free to PM me with any questions you have about your consults.

My Labiaplasty Doesn´t Look Good?

The labia, if too much is trimmed, can be restored to some extent with rotational flaps or delayed flaps.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Labia revision

You had a trimming labiaplasty with removal of both your labia minora. This makes your clitoral hood look even larger and moves the hood upwards.  The clitoral hood also ends abruptly.  Fortunately, you have adequate clitoral hood to reconstruct your labia minora with clitoral hood flaps, which I invented and published in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago.   I have done this surgery about 30 times with excellent results. The surgery takes about 3 hours so it is not a simple office procedure. If any surgeon reduces more of your clitoral hood, you will be ineligible for this repair. In addition, your vaginal opening appears long, so you will probably benefit from a perineoplasty.

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

Revision Would Be Beneficial

Thank you for your quesiton and photos. The results you have shared suggest that you would benefit from a revision. There are areas where insufficient tissue was removed making the contour irregular.  Seek consultation from a Plastic Surgeon experienced with labiaplasty. An in office revision can be performed that would help to improve your result. Best wishes.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with labiaplasty results.

If you are truely unhappy and do not want to pay for the surgery all over, you should go back to the original surgeon and express your concerns.   It will be less money to have a revision with the same doctor rather than a new doctor.  If you do go to a different surgeon, make sure you bring with you your records from labiaplasty.

Labiaplasty results

do vary considerably but it appears from your photos that your tops were simply trimmed off leaving you with that appearance.  Revisions and possibly reconstructions may be needed to achieve the result you desire.  I'm really sorry you now feel you don't care for your surgeon.  If your feelings about your surgeon are ambivalent or bad, you should have sought a second opinion as there are different techniques to address this area.  But its now water under the bridge and you should give yourself time to fully heal and become sexually active again and then decide what you wish to change, if its possible.

Curtis Wong, MD

Final Labiaplasty Result takes Months

Final Result of Labiaplasty varies from patient to patient and depends on many factors including the complexity of surgery, amount of skin/mucosa removed, post operative activity, degree of swelling, whether you are a smoker and many other factors. Your final result may take several months so best to allow some time to pass before making any conclusions about the outcome success. Five weeks is just too early to tell. That being said, you may need a clitoral hood reduction if this is what you look like after several months pass. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

My Labiaplasty Don´t Look Good? (photo)

You have un-evenly removed labial skin.  Plastic surgical restoration can improve the situation.  There are a variety of solutions, depending on which portion of the labia you like. If you cannot afford a plastic surgeon now, wait until you can, or consider financing the procedure.  

Steve Laverson, MD