Is my labia look normal one month post labiaplasty (labia minora reduction)? (photo)

Im one month post op now. I feel my clitoris and the around area was too big. Also seem like the two side look not symmetrical. I still feel hard along the edges where the stitches are although the doctor already removed the stitches. The skin around the clitoral hood is now puckered. Can you tell me is this getting better in shape? And how long does it take? Do i need a revision surgery?

Labia appearances are nomal

+2
at this stage in your healing.  If you truly have redundancies that really bother you after you are considered healed, minor office trimming can probably produce the look you are wanting.

Healing time after labiaplasty

+2
For 1 month after labiaplasty surgery your appearance is within normal.  I noticed some swelling.  At this time it is quite common for the edges to feel thickened or hard..  This will resolve over the next few months.  Aitkens unlikely that you will need a revision.

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Healing after labiaplasty

+1
Dear Ann200871,

One month after labiaplasty is too early to know the final results. Your labia appear normal for one month post op. Swelling can take up to 6-8 weeks to resolve and there is usually deep stitches which are buried and take up to a few months to completely dissolve.  Depending on the type of procedure, it sometimes common to have the area where the labia minora meet the clitoral hood look larger after making the labia minora smaller.  You may find that with time, as the swelling goes down, your labia minora will look a bit longer and this area where the clitoral hood and labia minora meet will look less obvious.  If you are still bothered by it at that point, discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Hope this helps and best of luck.  

Luis H. Macias, MD