Will my L- Shaped Silicone Nose Implant Move Downwards if I Get Botox in the Forehead?

I've had an L- shaped silicone nose implant put in nearly 7 years ago. Just recently I've decided to try botox on the forehead. For the past few days the tip of my nose has been hurting. I'm wondering if it's because I can no longer lift my eyebrows and the pressure is causing the discomfort. I'm worried that the tip of the implant is going to protrude or move downwards. If anyone is familiar with this, please help explain to me what is happening and the potential outcomes!

Silicone nasal implant and Botox

+1

The implant is firmly in place and will not move following Botox injections.  I would recommend speaking with your physician who performed the injections regarding any discomfort you are experiencing. Thank you and best of luck.

Nasal Implant

+1

You should be able to have botox even though you have a nasal strut in place.The discomfort you are experiencing should resolve within a few days. However, if you notice any redness on your nose you could have an infection and should see your plastic surgeon.  If you are unsure, by all means get it checked out by your doctor.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Movement of Silicone Nasal Implant Secondary to Forehad Botox

+1

Botox injections in your forehead should not cause movement of your silicone nasal implant. if you're having pain in your tip consult with your surgeon to make sure you don't have an infection or the implant is moving and starting to extrude. L-shaped implants are notorious for these complications. 

Nasal pain after botox

+1

It's unlikely that the botox injection is related to the nose pain you're describing. However, it is possible that your silicone implant is trying to extrude or has an infection so getting examined by a rhinoplasty surgeon should be done next.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nasal tip pain with implant

+1

Nasal tip pain years after a nasal implant is often a sign of impending extrusion or infection. A careful evaluation by your surgeon is important.

My first thought is that you might have an implant infection.

+1

Sometimes our brains try to explain events in order to make sense of things.  The nasal discomfort may be completely unrelated to the BOTOX injections.  It is remotely possible to introduce an infection into an implant this way, but it is just as likely that the tenderness is only coincidental to the recent treatment.  The tenderness needs to be assessed by a facial plastic surgeon.  It is sometimes possible to clear a low grade cellulitis with antibiotics.  However, erosion with implant exposure and recurrent infections require removal of the implant.  There are various alternatives for this implant should this prove necessary.  You need to find a nasal surgeon with extensive revisional experience.  A plastic surgeon who just performs primary cosmetic rhinoplasty is unlikely to be the right surgeon if replacement is necessary.

+1

No Botox injected into the forehead will have effect on the L-shaped nasal implant however, the L-section of this implant has been well documented to erode and thin the supra-tip area of the nose and IMHO, should be removed sooner rather than later in order to prevent this.  For this reason, I'll only use straight silastic dorsal implants to build up the nasal bridge. 

Silicone implant

+1

After 7 years, Botox should not cause any shifting in the implant position.  Silicone implants can become infected and extrude many years after surgery - so if your pain continues, especially if there is any redness or discharge, you will need to see a surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD