One jaw is swollen because I stretched my masseter muscle for a long time. How do I resolve this?

Masseteric Hypertrophy?

+2

If you believe that the masseter on one side has gotten larger, then Botox can reduce the size over the course of a few treatments.

Botox and jawline reduction

+2

It is very difficult to answer your question without first at least viewing a photo or seeing you in person for better assessment. You should consider posting pictures.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox for the jaw

+2

Dear chet,

• It sounds like it was a one time thing
  • Just give it time to heal
  • If it doesn't get better, then please see a physician

Best regards,

NIma Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Swollen Jaw Muscle

+1

It quite depends on how you stretched it out. If you grind your teeth on that side, or excessively chew gum on only that side, or something like that, you need to control it and not do that. If it's something you do involuntarily, then you need to see a physician. One possible treatment to reduce it is with Botox injections. But the issue that you are having that's creating the problem and stretching must first be addressed.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD