Do You Think my Irregular Lip Could Be Caused by Scar Tissue, and if So, Can It Be Corrected? (photo)

I have a thin upper lip and one side is slightly thinner. I got filler put in and it didn't take on the uneven side. The doctor touched it up, but it still didn't take. It seemed go above where he put it. A filler consultant told me I could have scar tissue and the doctor could break it up with a needle. I would like to note that there are other irregularities on the same side of my face. The corner of my mouth is lower and nasal folds deeper. Probably not noticeable to anyone but me.

Do You Think my Irregular Lip Could Be Caused by Scar Tissue, and if So, Can It Be Corrected?

+1

You are correct. I see very little asymmetry in the posted photo of the lips. In fact this is within the normal degrees of lip appearances// 

Asymmetry lip

+1

Everyone's faces are assymetrical to a certain extent and I agree that this a minor issue.  Filler consultant?  Try a board certified plastic surgeon or a dermatologist.  Filler doesn't "go above" where it is placed if it is performed accurately.  With filler, there is no question of "take or not take" as may occur with fat injections.  It should fill the area.

Robert L. Kraft, MD