What Are my Least Invasive Options to Remove the Wrinkles on my Cheek ?

I am 45 years old and feel my skin is 10 years older than me. I am searching for the best options that require the least invasive procedures to remove my wrinkles - see attached picture

Non-Invasive Facial Rejuvenation for Reversing Sun Damage

+1

Your photo reveals obvious signs of cumulative sun damage. Any non-invasive program of correction and prevention would have to start with the daily use of a wide-spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30+ sunscreen. Beyond that, you need to address and reverse the photo damage. For this, I would consider Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Photo Rejuvenation and a combination of eMatrix and Fractional Skin Resurfacing. All these procedures are non-invasive, with no recovery time. Equally important, in the hands of licensed professionals using the latest aesthetic equipment, you can expect to see noticeable results in terms of a tightening of lax skin, smoothing of wrinkles, fading of freckles and sun spots, a reduction in the appearance of enlarged pores, and the restoration of a softer skin texture. As far as maintenance goes, I would also strongly advise you to invest in dermatology-grade skin care products that support healthy skin.

Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Least Invasive Option for Wrinkle Improvement of my Cheek

+1

This is a difficult proposition because one must know your goal for an acceptable level of improvement. I would recommend the following plan to give you a 50 to 60% improvement.

• Twice Yearly Profractional Laser Treatment
  • A radiofrequency skin tightening program
  • An aggressive Skin Care Plan

There would be minimal downtime and with time wrinkle improvement will occur. The key word with this approach is patience.

Good Luck

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

+1

You may benefit from Ulthera. This procedure uses ultra sound technology to lift and tighten the skin. There is no downtime and results are immediate but best results develop within 3 -6 months post procedure. I recommend this procedure once a year.

Philip Miller, MD

Non-invasive wrinkle treatment on cheeks

+1

Based on your picture it appears you have sun damage and skin laxity.  Firstly, make sure you use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and UVA protection every day.  In addition to lowering your risk of skin cancer it will reduce the uneven skin tone from the sun damage and slow the collagen loss leading to the skin laxity.  For the superficial sun damage consider going on a prescription-strength topical retinoid such as tretinoin (Retin-A) or a series of chemical peels such as the Jessner's or Vi Peels.  For the skin laxity you may respond well a needle-free, no downtime, radiofrequency skin tightening procedure such as Pelleve.  Follow the link below to see a before and after.  Good luck!

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Cheek wrinkles

+1

The main treatment that would provide you with skin tightening on your cheeks would be an ablative laser such as a carbon dioxide laser.  It is one of the few lasers that can go deep enough to help stimulate collagen formation and at the same time, help address some of the discoloration from sun damage.  In an ideal world, I would also treat you with some filler to add volume to your cheeks and make them look more youthful.  Be certain to see someone who has extensive experience with ablative laser treatments and ask to see their before and after photos and if possible, even ask to speak to patients they have treated to hear about their experiences. 

Laurie Jacobson, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Cheek Wrinkles

+1

Your cheeks demonstrate signs of decreased collagen and elastin that naturally leads to wrinkling of the skin. Laser resurfacing can be quite effective at smoothing the texture but does not deal with the factors causing the wrinkles. The most exciting recent treatments are in the application of radio frequency (RF).

Bipolar RF at the surface and fractionated RF that goes deeper in the skin are very effective at stimulating new collagen production. The remarkable effect of fractionated RF is that your skin actually produces more collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin. Treating the actual cause of wrinkles translates into younger, more elastic skin. 

Todd C. Becker, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist