If my Insurance is Paying for a Panniculectomy at 100%, How Much $ Can I Save to Do an Upgrade to a Complete TT? (photo)

My insurance will pay for my Panniculectomy at 100% and I would like to have a complete TT instead and perhaps a breast augmentation. I know I will be responsible for the surgeon's fee for the additional procedures but is that it or do I pay additional fees for the hospital and anesthesia? Roughly, how much money should i be looking at saving?

Upgrade from Panniculectomy to Tummy Tuck

+1

The extra time to convert a panniculectomy to a tummy tuck is approximately 1 to 2 hours.  The anesthesia fee, facility fee and physician fee wound run approximately $2,000 to $3,000 per hour, so you are looking at $4,000 to $6,000 additional fees.  If you want to do a tummy tuck, this would be the least expensive way to do it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck is extra.

+1

The fee for a panniculectomy is minimal for the surgeon so expect a full fee charge for a tummy tuck because if you need a true panniculectomy the overall procedure is more than just a tummy tuck.

If your picture is the one submited with this question I am surprised that the insurance would pay for it.

Sometimes you may save a little money for the tummy tuck procedure and sometimes not . It would depend on if you do the procedure at a location that does a lot of the combined procedures or not . Each case will be different. 

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Additional costs

+1

The costs for the additional cosmetc self-pay portions of your procedure will depending on your 1) surgeon's fees, 2) OR/hospital fees, and 3) Anesthesia fees.   There should be some significant savings however given your insurance covered panniculectomy.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

How Much $ Can I Save to Do an Upgrade to a Complete TT?

+1

The amounts would vary from office to office, and may depend upon the amount the insurer pays.

You would without doubt have extra hospital and anesthesia expenses related to the extra time required for the added procedures. 

You will have some savings, but to get a reasonable guess you will need to call or visit some surgeons.

Thanks and best wishes.

Considerable savings

+1

You should expect considerable savings for a tummy tuck if your panniculectomy is approved. Expect around 50% difference, possibly more. Contact my El Paso, Texas office for more information.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon