Will my insurance pay if I get surgery for my crooked nose?

I want to get ny nose straighten again , that way j could breath better . SO does insurance cover part of the surgery?

The insurance may cover the breathing issues, but anything cosmetic will not be covered.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Insurance Coverage and Nasal Surgery

Every insurance plan is different, but the general rule is that medical issues can (sometimes!) be covered by insurance, while anything cosmetic is not. I suggest visiting a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to determine whether fixing your crooked nose would cause you to breathe better and improve the functionality of your nose. Good Luck!

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

2643 East Carson St
Pittsburgh, PA 15203

Medical insurance pays for nasal obstruction, not crooked nose repair

It is best to check with your booklet that comes with your medical insurance plan to do see what the covered benefits are. There are usually exclusions to cosmetic surgery. An examination by an ENT/facial plastic surgeon can determine what the cause of nasal obstruction is . This can be from a deviated septum, valve collapse, turbinate hypertrophy, chronic sinusitis, or allergies. Each one of these obstructing issues are treated differently with either surgery or medication. Once medical necessity has been documented, a predetermination with your medical insurance and your doctor's office should occur. Functional surgery is billed to the patient's medical insurance. Co-pays and deductibles will still  apply.
To straighten a crooked nose, medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones are performed to straighten it. This is usually performed for cosmetic purposes and must be paid for by the patient.
Functional and cosmetic nasal surgery can be performed at the same time under one anesthetic with one recovery  period.
For many examples of crooked nose repair in our practice, please see the length below to our rhinoplasty photo  gallery

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Insurance and airway issues

Some insurance companies may cover airway obstruction to treat septal deformities or turbinate issues. They will not cover the cosmetic improvement.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Insurance Benefits to Correct a Crooked Nose

Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your nasal surgery.  If you have breathing issues, many times insurance will cover the functional portion of the surgery.  Your surgeon will want to write a predetermination letter to your insurance company prior to your surgery, so that you will have an understanding of your financial obligation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

980 Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

Many insurance companies will pay for any changes that are done to improve your nasal breathing. My staff helps patients like yourself to determine pre-operatively what their insurance company will cover.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Insurance coverage for a crooked nose.

Insurance will cover parts of the surgery for a crooked nose. This includes both septoplasty turbinate repair as well as any grafts for opening a narrow  breathing passage. See a very experienced surgeon for the best possible results

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Will insurance cover my nasal surgery

Insurance will typically cover functional issues with your nose. Functional issues refer to anatomic abnormalities in your nose that make it hard to breath. These would include problems such as a deviated septum, enlarged turbinates, and collapse of the sidewalls of your nose.

Most of the time insurance will also cover repair of traumatic injuries to your nose. If you have had your nose broken in the past and your nose is now crooked, insurance will usually cover this as well. 

Get a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can submit your claim for authorization and you can get an idea for how much of your surgery is covered by insurance and how much you are responsible for.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1501 Superior Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92663