I Just Had my Infants Ears Pierced and the Whole is Too High. It Has Been Less Than 24 Hours?

I would like to know what I should do. Should I leave them be or if I pull the earring out will the hole close completely?

Ear piercing

+2

If the piercing is less than 2-3 weeks then removing the ear ring will cause the hole to close

Ear Piercing Too High

+1

If it has been less than 24 hours, removing the earring should allow for the hole to close without a problem. There has not been enough time for the hole to line itself with what is essentially skin. Therefore remove it as soon as you can. If even a week has passed, it would still be worth trying to take it out. At the very worst, there will be a hole there that is not used.

Thanks and good luck,

Michael Kim, MD

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earring hole too high

+1

If you are unhappy with the ear hole position and it wsa just done, you can remove the earring and let it heal. I would then wait a fwe months before having it repierced.

Let the hole close, then repeat.

+1

If less than 4 days, you can remove the earring and the hole will close. You can re-pierce the ear in 10-14 days.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Poorly pierced ears

+1

If it has been less than 4 days just take out the piercing: the hole will close with minimal scarring.  The longer you wait the worse the scar will be.