I Just Had my Infants Ears Pierced and the Whole is Too High. It Has Been Less Than 24 Hours?

I would like to know what I should do. Should I leave them be or if I pull the earring out will the hole close completely?

Ear piercing

+2

If the piercing is less than 2-3 weeks then removing the ear ring will cause the hole to close

I Just Had my Infants Ears Pierced and the Whole is Too High. It Has Been Less Than 24 Hours, will it close

+1
As long as the piercing hasn't healed around the post (making the piercing permanent) removing the earring will let it heal up. It depends on each individual but generally less than one to two weeks should be safe.

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Ear Piercing Too High

+1

If it has been less than 24 hours, removing the earring should allow for the hole to close without a problem. There has not been enough time for the hole to line itself with what is essentially skin. Therefore remove it as soon as you can. If even a week has passed, it would still be worth trying to take it out. At the very worst, there will be a hole there that is not used.

Thanks and good luck,

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earring hole too high

+1

If you are unhappy with the ear hole position and it wsa just done, you can remove the earring and let it heal. I would then wait a fwe months before having it repierced.

Let the hole close, then repeat.

+1

If less than 4 days, you can remove the earring and the hole will close. You can re-pierce the ear in 10-14 days.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Poorly pierced ears

+1

If it has been less than 4 days just take out the piercing: the hole will close with minimal scarring.  The longer you wait the worse the scar will be.

Daniel Greenwald, MD